Technology has come a long way in the past few years.
If your alarm was installed more than three or four years ago, then it’s probably missing some of the handy functionality available with today’s home security technology.
If your current alarm doesn’t let you arm and disarm remotely from your phone, and you don’t have a touchscreen keypad, then you’re not maximising your home security potential. 2018 alarm systems can do all that and more!
The good news is, you don’t necessarily need to fork out for a whole new alarm system. It may be possible to upgrade your existing alarm system to bring it up to date and give you 2018 functionality.
3 easy home security upgrades.
1. Connect your alarm to the internet
By simply adding an IP module to your system you open up a whole new world of possibility. This is the heart of the upgrade. Once your system is connected to the internet you immediately get increased functionality and you can do handy things like self-monitor your alarm via the app and get notifications of alarm events (activations, smoke detectors etc).
2. Upgrade the keypad to a touchscreen
Ditch your old keypad and use a touch screen with rich graphics and easy to use functions. A touchscreen will make it much easier for you to:
- arm and disarm the system
- bypass and rename zones
- maintain users including PINs and keyfobs
- change the time and date
- connect to your local WiFi network to install apps, use the Intercom App (to communicate with a Video Door Station or another TouchOne Mini), and access automatic updating and diagnostics
- show a photo slideshow during standby mode
3. Install an app on your smartphone
Once your system is connected to the internet you can install an app to enable you to control your alarm from your phone. This means you can operate your alarm remotely and check on the status right from your phone. Super handy things you can do from your phone:
- arm and disarm your system
- check alarm status (did you remember to arm the alarm?)
- view history (what time did the kids leave for school?)
- activate devices (such as roller doors, air conditioning units, or smart lighting systems)
If you’re keen to see whether we can drag your alarm system out of the dark ages give me (Gavin) a call at Be Alarmed on 027 578 1298. Or request a quote now.